This site will be shutting down January 2018. No new accounts will be approved.

Author Topic: Forum Revival  (Read 1410 times)

Eclipse

• Furry from just outside of Cleveland.
Forum Revival
« on: November 22, 2017, 05:14:23 pm »
Hello all,
"Is anyone on?" seems to be a question I (and other users) ask a lot and, unfortunately, the answer is most likely no. I feel that there should be some time or day that everyone is on, so we don't see me or other users asking "is Anyone there?". Is there a time that many users can be active, or is forum so long dead that there is no hope for revival?
Please respond,
Eclipse (formerly Moonshade)

Arluza

• Event Organizer
Re: Forum Revival
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 07:26:42 pm »
Unfortuantely I think the forum is mostly an archive at this stage. I wish it were more active, but I'm not sure how to really fix the problem.

OlliBoi

• What is this space for
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 01:18:24 am »
Yeah.. This place is more or less dead, sadly. My best guess would be the format, not necessarily a lack of users. Actual forums like this are slowly on a downfall in my opinion, with the rise of things like Discord allowing instantaneous and easy chat, as opposed to the slow messaging style (at least here) of forums. Many new users come hoping for a nice community but barely get and response, thus leading to discouragement and abandonment before someone else new comes along. Maybe a new, more modern place could be of better use to the furries of Ohio?
_I wanna be more than this~_

Marrok Maddox

• Flickr
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 02:12:20 am »
The forum is only dead and pretty much quiet because no one knows about it.  I have talked to many people and no one knew about its existence.  It's a great place to go to post meets, ask questions, and introduce new people; but it's not utilized because it doesn't have much of an audience.

Maybe if we used this to become the hub for events maybe it would be utilized more.  But like OlliBoi said, old style forums like this are dying unfortunately.  I love forums and they're of great use especially for finding group input on topics.

Eclipse

• Furry from just outside of Cleveland.
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 06:39:32 pm »
 The problem is definitely not lack of users. Its just lack of traffic. I know of some websites that are more modern and can be used for similar purposes. Possibly a Google+ community, or group chat somewhere. I already know of the FA group (If it can be called a group). I also know of a Facebook group. Like I mentioned above, I could make a Google+ community for everyone here or something like that.
Google+ probably gets more traffic than this forum. I also know that you can set up a survey to ask a group a question. I can begin setting that up if you want me to.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 11:48:03 am by Eclipse »