This site will be shutting down January 2018. No new accounts will be approved.

Author Topic: Event Reposting Policy  (Read 1835 times)

epochwolf

• Global Moderator
    • http://epochwolf.com
Event Reposting Policy
« on: February 12, 2014, 10:25:33 pm »
Hi, your friendly wolfy moderator here with personal message for people wanting to repost events here on this site and for people wishing to copy events on our site.

I built this forum as a place to collect events from various private groups throughout Ohio. The events board requires you to log in for very simple reason, the people hosting these events usually don't want addresses or phone numbers to be publicly accessible. Privacy is a huge concern for me. Huge. I'd rather not repost events from non-public groups at all. But, as things stand all the active groups are on facebook, google+, or a mailing list.

When I copy events from other sites, I try to provide as much information as possible and link back to the original source and include any intermediate sources that I got the information from. To protect the privacy of the original poster, I also don't include the organizer's name if it looks like their real name and l also try to avoid phone numbers or addresses of apartments or houses. Additionally, I don't repost events in secret groups or private conversations without the explicit permission of the organizer.

I ask that anyone reposting events from this site in a public forum respect this policy. Reposts should not include any identifying information like names, emails, addresses, or phone numbers as this is information people are trying to protect. Either link back to us or to the original source so people can find the required information.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 10:37:19 pm by epochwolf »

epochwolf

• Global Moderator
    • http://epochwolf.com
Re: Event Reposting Policy
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 10:39:02 pm »
I've made a small modification to this. In order to keep event information up to date on facebook and mailing lists, I've had to make some events public so people can view the links without logging in. I'll be making a judgement call on what things are posted publicly.

As always, privacy is a huge concern for me. Anyone hosting events may ask me not to include their event on this site or only post their events in the Private Events board.